Why seek outside of nature for self-care when there’s so much that our Earth has to offer?
An often overlooked natural healing element is mud therapy. For decades people have visited the Calistoga region of Napa Valley for its mud and thermal springs. According to the Wall Street Journal, California’s Napa Valley is surrounded by close to 100 geyser’s that spit up hot water full of traces of minerals including sodium, magnesium and sulfur.
Before Ibuprofen and Advil existed, our ancestors soaked in a compound of earth or clay to treat rheumatic disorders like arthritis and joint pain. Mud therapy maybe one of the simplest forms of alternative medicine that our Earth has to offer. The natural exfoliating properties found in volcanic ash aids in the oxidation of our skin.
Our founder, Mashonda Tifrere, recently visited Indian Spring Resort and Spa, where she learned about the benefits of a volcanic mud bath to share with our LifeStyleHer family.
Volcanic mud baths are a great way to rejuvenate and recharge your body. Here are 8 reasons to invest in volcanic mud therapy:
- Relieves muscle/joint aches and pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory. The deep heat from the Mud & geothermal waters have incredible anti-inflammatory properties.
- It’s relaxation like you’ve never felt. The warm, soft mixture of the mud “feels awesome” and allows your body to let go.
- It takes stress off your body. You are completely suspended, no pressure on your body while floating in the Mud Bath.
- Detoxifies your body. The earth heals you in these treatments by drawing out the toxins and impurities from your body.
- Softens Skin. Volcanic ash exfoliates your skin.
- Improves Circulation. The heat from the geothermal water and the Jacuzzi jets invigorate your circulation.
- Balances PH Levels. Complex minerals from Calistoga’s historic geothermal waters are infused into your body, helping to balance out your body’s natural pH.